How to Easily Delete Old Post Revisions in WordPress. Post Revisions is an awesome feature that WordPress has from version 2.6. Whenever you write a new article, it will be saved periodically as post revisions. These posts revisions are helpful to revert back the original content in case of power failure or server errors.
Major Problems with Post Revisions
Here are some problems with the posts revisions in WordPress.
- Many number of revisions will be created for every single post and they can be limited by following this article Limit Post Revisions in WordPress.
- If you got some 50 articles on your blog, then each article will have some 10 revisions (consider). Means your database has almost 500 post revisions in it.
- Due to these post Revisions, the database may not respond in timely manner, hence delay in loading of your blog pages.
- More storage space will be occupied by these post revisions, which are quite not necessary after your post is published.
Download Better Delete Revision plugin
Here is an extra-ordinary plugin know as “Better Delete Revision”, which is available for free at official WordPress Plugin Repository. Follow the below link to download it.
How to Delete Old Post Revisions in WordPress
- After installing plugin, go to
Settings > Better Delete Revision.
- Now, you can see the “redundant post revisions” in options panel.
- Two buttons “Check Revision Posts” and “Optimize Your Database” are available.
1. Delete Old Post Revisions
- Click on the “Check Revision Posts” button and it will display all available post revisions.
- You can Delete or Keep them using the buttons at the end of page.
2. Optimize your Database Tables
- Now, click on “Optimize your Database” button and it displays all tables in your database.
- If the status is “OK”, then there are no problems with the database tables.
- If any thing is displayed in red, then click on “Optimize Database” button.
Old Post revisions in your WordPress blog are successfully deleted and hope you like this tutorial. Subscribe to our feeds to get more informative articles like this.